Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Fairy tales: The Beginning Blog

I chose this class on fairy tales because it made me curious about what more I could learn about fairy tales.  I mean, if they are the gates into another world, I was curious to see how they had become that way and what the world was all about.  I enjoy fairy tales for the number one reason: the create a life I have never lived, but could know.
In this class on fairy tales, I am hoping to find a deeper meaning to the fairy tales, fully analyze them and appreciate them for how they were created and for their purpose.
My favorite fairy tale would have to be Beauty and the Beast.  I enjoy thoroughly the disney story of Beauty and the Beast.  I enjoy the part where Belle gets lost in the woods, and finds herself in an enchanted castle owned by the mysterious beast.  I love how she despises him at first but then learns to see past it and gather courage in front of the beast and asserts herself into a more important role in the castle.  The love between them is truly fairy tale, which is why I love the key line in it "...for who could could ever love a beast?" it would seem so unreal, but it happened and it turned out to be the most romantic stories of all time.  He changes for her, and she in turn learns to see past his face. Beauty and the Beast

No comments:

Post a Comment